Chronicles of Raivyne, Rogue of Thunderhorn

Written by a slightly whacky (i'm not nutso, the dr said so!) rogue. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with me. IRL I'm very mild mannered... like Clark Kent.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Raivyne Is Hemorrhaging!! Get a Doctor – STAT!

Raivyne Is Hemorrhaging!! Get a Doctor – STAT!

Ruh? WTH? Does this mean what I think it means?!?!? I’m afraid so good citizens of Azeroth… Your trusty Combat Sword Rogue has gone soft err ahh umm Subtle.

ZOMG WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!??

Psst… I am still asking myself the same thing…

Anyway, I’m an adventurous sort of gal so when some rogue said, “man I wish one of us was Hemo” I thought hmm… I’ve been hemo before, and I kinda liked it… Why not try it out again? There was also some mention of raid damage being increased by @ 35% if we had a Hemo rogue. Now, I don’t know about all that… the figure sounds kind of high to me considering Hemo only affects Physical damage. However, I’m too lazy to run the numbers myself, so I’ll accept the figure.

Hey, what the heck – right?

On Tuesday, August 29, 2006 I showed up to raid Hemo – 16/5/30

Assassination Tree: Same as my original 1.12 spec

Combat Tree: 3/3 Imp Gouge and 2/2 Imp SS (oops… meant 2/5 Lightning Reflexes… force of habit)

Subtlety Tree:
MoD – 5/5
Sleight of Hand – 2/2 (Reduces the chance you are hit by melee and ranged attacks by 2% and increases the threat reduced by your feint ability by 20%)
Elusiveness – 2/2 (Reduces the cool down of your vanish and blind abilities by 1.5 minutes)
Camouflage – 2/5 (Increases speed in stealth by 6% and reduces stealth cool down by 2 seconds)
Initiative – 3/3 (75% chance to add an extra combo point when using ambush, garrote or cheap shot)
Ghostly Strike – 1/1 (does 125% weapon damage and increases dodge chance by 15% for 7 seconds)
Imp Sap – 3/3 (90% chance to return to stealth after sapping a target)
Serrated Blades – 3/3 (ignores 5 armor/per level of your target’s armor and increases rupture damage 30%)
Heightened Senses – 2/2 (Increased stealth detection and reduces chance to be hit by spells and ranged attacks by 4%)
Preparation – 1/1
Hemorrhage – 1/1
Deadliness – 5/5 (AP increased by 10%)

What I like:

Sleight of Hand – Assuming your feint normally reduces 100 pts of threat (pulled a number out of thin air for argument’s sake) then it would reduce 120 pts with this talent. Reduced chance to be hit by a crit is just the frosting.

Elusiveness – I always did like this talent, it’s saved my butt a few times!

Ghostly Strike – I love this attack! It crits for like 800 damage (for me) and increases my survivability for 7 seconds, every 20 seconds… It crits a lot btw! (could have just been luck…)

Serrated Blades – any attack that increases my damage to enemies – I like. Increased rupture damage… meh I don’t care.

Heightened Senses – Increases stealth detection (great PvP talent!!) Reduces chance to be hit by spells and ranged attacks by 4% (I barely got hit by firemaw’s spells with this – could have just been a coincidence, but I don’t really believe in coincidences…)

Deadliness – I LOVE THIS!! I have always been a believer in AP (yes AP over crit for me. AP in the form of AGI? even better), so this talent just made me drool. With the 1.12 changes I hunger for AP even more.

What I hated

Talents I had to use just to get to hemo. It’s like this – hemo does better damage with swords, but most of the talents going down are completely useless for a sword rogue in PvE (and PvP for a lot of them). I mean how many times do you cheap shot or garrote anything in a 40 man? Garrote, ok maybe… Cheap Shot – fuhgeddaboudit 90%+ of mobs are immune to it.

Imp Sap is fun for PvP, but for 40 raids its completely useless. Camo could be useful (help get to traps in suppression room faster) but there are so many more rogue talents more useful for raiding.

As for a LOT of the other talents on the way down…

Daggers much?

Ick.

My conclusion?

**News Flash**

Going hemo as a raider makes you a 100% utility class FIRST, damage class last.

Duh.

It’s not that your damage is so horrible that you aren’t even on the meters, in fact I was surprised with how much damage I do as a hemo spec. However, it’s a big shocker going from top 3 – 5 to top 10 –15 as a ROGUE. I went from watching yellow ticks of mostly 500+ to yellow ticks of 200ish. My white damage MH crits were in the 700 – 800’s.

That hurt.

A lot.

Hold me… Please?

~raiv

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

with my hemo build that i raid with i was at a time 10/10/31 hemo raid build that i came up with. i figured i needed more +hit cause at the time i noticed on boss mobs and some higher than 63 in aq and naxx that i wasn't generating combo points like i should.

the build that i have now with 12% to hit with gear alone is hemo still but lethality and renlentless strikes but no precision or SnD. i don't get Sleight of Hand because unless your rogues and warriors are crappy, you never have to fient as hemo rogue. i get away with out fient and vanish in vael just because hemo doesn't generate as much threat as the rest. why i do not know propbably because i don't have DW, but either way i find it useless. ghostly stike i find more useless than imp sap but the rest of the hemo build is good. aside from that i got a chance to go back to Combat swords myself but the thing is i am not sure if i want to because i love how i own in BG's with hemo. pretty much if i went Combat Swords again i would have to leave out 5/5 MoD and i just don't like that but you know i hate being on the low end of the DMG meters myself. so we'll see what happens.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im a hemo rogue all the way.. i got 8 only in assas...

i raid ZG quite often and i love it... now im not saying im coming in the top 3.. but ive never come below 6th...

i deal out massive damage as a rogue with dagger main sword off using premed, vanish, prep and vanish...

i get 3 ambushes in with poisons im adding massive damage all together.. now my ambushes on bosses are still going from 1k-2k damage (mind u im using a low lvl dagger *cough* lorespinner *cough*)

hemo is a great perc... u not only imp ur own damage but ur imping the rest of the group... as for sap and gouge... in raids for zg, naxx, or aq its not so helpful... but for some of those bgs u run... helps out alot.. especially if its only one person watching that nod in ab or that one person flag sitting in wsg.

but i still prefer my sub spec of

8/0/43

i may seem crazy but i love the mass damage i put out in raids with ambush and backstabs... and spamming Hemo... lol

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home