Chronicles of Raivyne, Rogue of Thunderhorn

Written by a slightly whacky (i'm not nutso, the dr said so!) rogue. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with me. IRL I'm very mild mannered... like Clark Kent.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Playtime in Azeroth

This past Saturday I started what was a simple quest. Somehow during the completion of this quest, it became an eight hour extravaganza full of advernture, antics and plenty of killing. It also turned out to be a fairly profitable farming expedition.

We started out by going to Silithus to kill the Duke of Cinders for part of the upgrade quests. As you may have imagined, it turned out to be a bit more complicated that just arriving in the zone, summoning him and killing him. We had to get items to summon lesser elementals that dropped the items to turn in to be able to summon the four greater ones (i.e. the duke). By the time we actually got him summoned and killed we were having such a time that we just kept right on summoning and killing, and getting more summoning mats to summon more and kill them.

We also had some PvP encounters, most of them involving the same stupid hunter… Alone + Flagged = GG. Every once in a while he would find one of us alone and he would try to kill us. Foolish! I’m not really sure what made him think he could kill any of us before the rest of the crew caught up to him. So, needless to say he died a few times. We were very surprised to run across the same hunter more than an hour later. Yep, you guessed still flagged and still alone. GG. More fun for us.

I also got really tired of swapping clothes during this affair so my rogue ended up spending a lot of the time ½ naked, or in a purple dress, or w/just a guild tabard on top. It was mildly amusing I suppose, particularly to the guys I think. I just really need to get a wardrobe mod… heh.

Somewhere during the adventure we picked up a warlock that we met when we picked him up for a “45 min Baron Run” on his priest a couple weeks prior. The Baron run ended up becoming more of a marathon and one of those “we never speak of this to anyone” events. We had one heck of a time though! I think we ended up clearing out every single mob in the place. Why would we do this, you ask? Well best laid plans… Somehow or another we ended up aggroing every single mob that we were supposed to be skipping. Blame it on bad luck, a drunk hunter, an overtired warrior, or a stupid rogue, but that’s what happened. Apparently the Priest had a good time during the debacle though, because he didn’t hesitate to join our adventure in Silithus.

I don’t really think I’ve illustrated the fun that we had, but well it’s just so hard to recreate those moments and do them justice. I’ll just leave you with this little equation: Good friends + Ventrilo + Evening off = Good Times.

4 Comments:

Blogger Raivyne said...

Hmm it seems I don't have anonymous posts enabled... My bad! I'll have to work on that today :)

5:16 AM  
Blogger Raivyne said...

You can now post as anon or other!

See, i didn't lie!

:P~

5:18 AM  
Blogger heartlessgamer said...

Ahhh thats the PvP I miss from my early days in WoW. I won't lie... leveling 1-60 in WoW were some of the funnest days I've ever had in an MMORPG.

But Blizzard brought battlegrounds and the honor system... which destroyed any magic those encounters held. RIP WoW PvP.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Raivyne said...

hehe

I enjoy both kinds of PvP!

It would be nice to lvl a char on a PvP server i think, but who has the time?!?!

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home