Chronicles of Raivyne, Rogue of Thunderhorn

Written by a slightly whacky (i'm not nutso, the dr said so!) rogue. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with me. IRL I'm very mild mannered... like Clark Kent.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Champions of the Arena

So, I had 3 goals for this weekend; 1) Complete “The Challenge” (BRD Arena fight for the Tier .5 upgrades) 2) Get my Shadowcraft Head piece and 3) Get a Painweaver Band from General Drakk in UBRS.

Well, I never made it to UBRS – unless you count the “UBRS” group I joined that somehow ended up in LBRS… /quit raid.

As for the Shadowcraft Cap, well Dark Master Gandling was less than accommodating on that one. /pout. I swear if one more Beaststalker BoP set item drops when there is no hunter in the group I’m just gonna lose it! OK, so really I won’t, but I will make sure to yell in /guild “#@$*%^ BEASTSTALKER @#&%!!!!!!!!!!!” in the same manner I did Sunday. I wasn’t so upset when Valor dropped because it went to the warrior in the group. Not that he needed it, as he has his full Tier 1 set (Might), but he’s collecting it for solo play gear (I think he thinks his protection spec butt will do more damage w/it when he farms… you know I <3 ya enes!) After that second run it was tough to get a group so I said heck with it and bummed around for a few hours until I went to Strat – Baron side – with some guildies. I was soo tired, or I may have enjoyed this run more.

I managed to complete the Arena fight and turn in my old Shadowcraft Legs, Boots and Shoulder pieces for the Darkmantle ones. Woot!!! I’m pretty damned happy about that one. We beat Theldren’s Army without “The Unholy Trinity”, which was pretty darn cool because everything I’ve read said “OMG YOU HAVE TO HAVE A MAGE!!” “ZOMG TAKE TWO!!!” We had a prot spec warrior, a lock, a priest and two rogues. My rogue pal was skeptical as to whether we could get it done w/out a mage, but I had no doubts. We had the lock seduce the goblin, the other rogue sapped the rogue class, I believe we had the lock keep fear on the healer class, or we may have MC’d the healer class (fuzzy I’ve slept since then), our warrior tanked the warrior class and the mage died first. All credit to everyone in the group, if they hadn’t known how to play their class it would have never worked. The poor warlock was seducing, fearing and dotting different targets and he did an outstanding job. The warrior kept saying how useless he was, because he couldn’t taunt or DPS a lot, but I would have rather done the quest with him than without him. More fun with friends. We ended up doing the whole fight another time for fun.

After the arena fight I should have went to Scholo to score my cap, but instead we went to Silithus to work on the next part of the Tier .5 upgrade quest. I had more fun doing this anyway! More on Playtime later…

Oh, and I’m finally wearing my guild tabard, it hides my unmatching armor and matches my new set pieces very well! I’ll upload some pictures later.

Toodles

1 Comments:

Blogger Raivyne said...

rofl

well at least that would solve your problem! :)

I'm still waiting for my cap, but i've been working on my mage a lot. The times i've been since the article - nada.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home