Chronicles of Raivyne, Rogue of Thunderhorn

Written by a slightly whacky (i'm not nutso, the dr said so!) rogue. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with me. IRL I'm very mild mannered... like Clark Kent.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Maudalyne the Mage

So, I took a break from my rogue for most of the weekend. Instead, I leveled up my mage. I gotta tell you… I hated my mage. At first. Now that she’s almost lvl 18, and I’ve got someone lvling a rogue right beside me, I like her. It’s definitely a different aspect of the game. I’ve never been a caster before.

Needing to break for mana was a bit difficult to get used to. I kept mashing my arcane missiles and wondering why they weren’t channeling…! Welcome to the wonderful world of OOM Raivyne. Of course, I can always use my wand a.k.a. mana in a stick, but that’s not nearly as fun. I love AE (Arcane Explosion). I don’t really care for the fire spells so much. They take a bit longer to cast it seems, and don’t look nearly as cool as my arcane ones… Flamestrike is cool though but it’s a 3 second cast. I also can’t decide between frost or fire with arcane. I’m filling out my arcane tree first since I’ve been using arcane spells the most.

Polymorph is very fun. If I were on a PvP server I would just spend all of my time Polymorphing people and running down the road to poly some more. I detest dueling, I’d much rather do some PvP. However, I would like to duel my friends with my mage just so I can /sheep, /point, /poke and /laugh. These duels would have the potential to go on for days – or until I lost all of my friends... Sheeping rats is fun, because they attack you after they come unsheeped. I just think its funny that this happens. Squirrels just run away. :/ very disappointing that.

Now I’d like to take a moment to discuss Troggs. I hate troggs, and so do all of my friends. Admit it, you hate troggs too. Why do we hate troggs? Well because they run so they don’t have to fight you one on one when you are beating them. Nor do they let you fight them 5 on 1! How rude. Of course, this is assuming you can begin the fight against just one, more often than not you get 3 or so, and then those run to bring more. Oh, and lest we forget their aggro range seems to be 20 times that of other mobs, so you almost certainly end up fighting the group behind your target group. I’m glad my rogue doesn’t have to fight troggs anymore, her repair bills would put a serious damper on my potion habit!

I'm sure Maudalyne will have many more adventures to share with everyone (all 3 of you) that reads my blog. Viva la squishie!

1 Comments:

Blogger Raivyne said...

forgetting might make me angry, you wouldn't like me angry. LOL

>:)

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home