Chronicles of Raivyne, Rogue of Thunderhorn

Written by a slightly whacky (i'm not nutso, the dr said so!) rogue. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with me. IRL I'm very mild mannered... like Clark Kent.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Madness and Mayhem in Maraudon

This weeks players:

NSND: The Little Person
Raivyne: Elf One
Kights: Elf Two
Shady: Elf Three
Mal: The Human

After a hard day in AQ NSND finally decided he should get to work on his Nature Resist gear. Apparently Stoneform, while very useful, just isn’t enough (go figure), even with uber tanking skills. So, he asked if I would like to join him and kights on their quest to Mara. Naturally, I said yes. However, before I logged off of my mage I spotted our friend Shady and talked him into coming with us as well. Our warlock friend, Mal (he just can’t get enough abuse!) had inquired about our plans for the night, so we drug him with us to Mara as well. Everyone was 60, except kights’ rogue who was 56. We weren’t terribly worried about healing, so Mal brought his main (lock) instead of his priest. Once the party was fully formed, we had a warrior, 2 rogues, a hunter and a lock.

We did a full boss clear twice, but the exact order escapes me right now. After all, I’ve slept since then (I think). Since the chronological order of events is a bit skewed, I’m going to make up the boss order as I need to.

Our first trip in we went to the purple side first, so we could get to Meshlok (rare spawn). Meshlok wasn’t home just then, so we visited Celebras.

**We interrupt this article for a brief yawn**

A lot of boring stuff happened, and then we began to make our way out. Kights managed to aggro almost a whole room, with only me and shady around to help him. By the time the others made it back we had lost Kights – RIP friend. After this I didn’t see Kights for a while (I think he had trouble getting back to us). In retrospect, I don’t know why we didn’t just summon him to us. Once we finally stopped losing Kights, we started losing Shady.

At one point, Shady says “OK I’m going to walk through and aggro this group, you guys follow me and then I’ll feign death.” It was just about then that he noticed I had already skirted around them without aggroing and without using stealth. He sounded very disappointed when he said “Oh, you made it.” However he decided to do continue his scheme anyway. It wasn’t too long after that when we heard him say “RESISTED?!?”. As soon as I heard the resisted call I hit my stealth button. It was somewhere around this time when Mal and NSND put on their nekkid set and kept on trucking. Of course we all [s]laughed at[/s] mourned the loss of our compadre. RIP Shady, oh and btw – you’re fired. I lost sight of Mal and NSND during this, and I think Kights was still trying to make it back to us… Next thing I know I hear an uh-oh over my speakers, followed by the words keep running! A few laughs, ZOMG’s and one “If I had my armor on I would have made it” later I was staring at 4 dead character portraits in my party. So, I did what any responsible friend would do – I took a Screen Shot of the gimps. (Oh, did I mention that earlier that very day, NSND died in Gnomer – repeatedly? rofl) I’ll upload the screenie when I get home tonight so that everyone can join me in [s]laughing at[/s] mourning the loss of my friends.

Well after I made it out (alive of course) everyone rez’d on the orange side, still nekkid. We all did the obligatory dancing. Night elf men dancing in just a tabard is very entertaining. Suddenly, I had an idea (at this point they all should have ran). I thought it would be neat if we killed the bosses only wearing our weapons and a couple of other pieces of equipment. Mal and NSND readily agreed, but shady and kights were being party poopers. Shady agreed after a little while though, but I don’t think kights ever agreed (can you say square?) So, we headed to Noxxion eager for battle. We killed noxxion with no problems really, but our tank was actually taking damage (I think he got to ½ health or something) and decided he didn’t want to play nekkid anymore. I think everyone else must have agreed, because pretty soon I was the only one left in my skivvies. I reluctantly put my armor back on. It’s amazing how much whining can go on in these kinds of situations…

On our way between bosses I fell behind (again), and what’s even worse – I aggro’d the lil grub worms. I tried to vanish, but for some reason it didn’t work properly and they were still chasing me. So, I did what any good rogue would do, I hit my sprint and ran roughshod through the instance until I caught up with the fellas (FYI the rogue creed is “Live to fight another day”). I think I ended up getting Mal killed (sorry friend), but at least I kept the rogue creed.

While we were making our way to the Giant rock boss (Landslide or some such nonsense), we lost shady (again). Naturally, being the good friends that we are, we summoned him… Into a pack of crocs… which was soon added by a pat of rock elementals… After hearing a few yelps out of him we decided to help him. Of course, we had no choice because the lil bugger FD’d and they aggro’d us. Next thing we know he’s pulling giants into us and FD’ing… and to think, we tried to [s]kill[/s] help him out. Well, I never!

At the end of our Mara event, NSND got a few NR pieces, and shady and I both made out w/a NR trinket. We all made out with a repair bill… well everyone but me… and a ton of laughs.

The fun didn’t end there however, we decided to do a quick run through BRD so Mal could get his key, I could turn in “A Crumpled Up Note, and kights could get some equip (nothing he wanted dropped in Mara – poor kights, his luck didn’t improve in BRD). More about our PvP adventure and my BRD deaths later (yeah, I finally died in BRD).

P.S. I know that nekkid is not actually spelled nekkid. That is all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Raivyne said...

Strawberry flavored as a matter o' fact.

Good times.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home